楼主: admin
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Phil Hellmuth专栏

[复制链接]
71#
mardiego 发表于 2009-10-21 11:09:11 | 只看该作者

Phil Hellmuth专栏

Aruba的炭疽

我很自豪Scott Ian也是一个Ultimatebet.com的签约牌手。Ian是一个摇滚明星,在两支摇滚乐队(“Anthrax”炭疽、“Pearl”珍珠)
担任吉他手,此外他还是一个动漫写手(“Lobo”),当然,他还是网上和真实世界的扑克牌手。在2009年的WSOP,Ian着实露了两手。
在德国完成"炭疽"乐队巡回演出后,Ian在周日晚上直飞拉斯维加斯,并立即冲到Rio赌场注册了WSOP。Ian参加了周一的
第一比赛日,并在周三参加了第二比赛日。在周三参加完比赛后,他眯了90分钟后冲上一架凌晨6点的航班飞往奥克拉荷马
的Tulsa,出席周四晚"炭疽"乐队的一个活动。活动结束后,Ian又眯了90分钟,又马不停蹄冲上一架凌晨6点的航班飞往拉斯维加斯,以
参加周五早上举行的第三比赛日的比赛。非常幸运,航班没有延误————要知道这个航班还经停丹佛,但这的确够悬的,稍有延误就
可能耗掉Ian 50%的筹码,甚至更多!

不管怎样Ian熬过了第三比赛日,当他回到房间时已经彻底筋疲力尽了。第四比赛日在周六举行,Ian努力坚持到了比赛的泡沫阶段
(最初的6900人只剩下650左右),此时比赛节奏已经非常慢了。当只剩两三个人到钱圈时,就开始一手一手的打牌了,也就是说
当所有的牌桌都结束后、新的一手牌才同时开始。考虑到有75个桌子,一个小时才能打8手牌,而此前一个小时差不多能打30手牌。
Ian竟然利用这些间隙时间打盹!要知道Ian此前从未吃过任何药来提神。无论如何,在他最终倒在第四比赛日之前,Ian挤进了钱圈。

十月份,我在Aruba又遇到了Ian,我们都在参加ultimatebet.com的“Aruba扑克经典赛”。在第一天,Ian一直秉持教科书式的超紧策略,
在比赛中稳定前进。桌上的地主刚从90000跌到了75000,并声称“我再不要输掉任何筹码”————这句话碰巧被Ian注意到了。Ian的筹码
略少一些,却经营了一个非常好的紧手形象,这使得他决定找机会诈唬地主一把。我们很多人都不愿诈唬地主的筹码,但是
在某些情况下,这却是一个比较合乎逻辑的选择。

15分钟后,Ian轮到了大盲位置。地主在枪口位置用对10加注到950,所有人弃牌;Ian用A-8再加注到3100,地主call。flop 是
Qc-Qh-6d,两个人都check。turn是一张J,Ian下注5100,地主call。看到地主call了,Ian意识到自己已经落后了,但是他觉得自己
也许可以在river诈唬。river是一张8,Ian全入了剩下的大约12000筹码。地主思考了大约3分钟,最后甚至自己叫了计时。地主还
把领班叫来,问自己是否可以亮出一张牌,他想看看Ian的反应然后做决定(按规定你可以亮牌,但会被罚出场20分钟)。Ian后来说
“当时我没有说任何话,也没有任何表示;我就像罗斯摩尔山上的雕像一样!”最终地主弃牌,并展示了自己的对10;而Ian在丢牌的时候
展示了一张8。也许很多人在rier 8出现时会check,期望自己会幸运地战胜对手,但是Ian却像大师一样露了一手!
Anthrax in Aruba!?!

I am proud to say that Scott Ian is an UltimateBet.com pro.  Ian is also a rock star who plays rhythm guitar in two bands (“Anthrax” and “Pearl”), a comic book writer (“Lobo”), and of course, an online and real world poker player.  At the 2009 WSOP (World Series of Poker) Ian found himself juggling some serious balls.  On Sunday night, Ian landed in Vegas straight from Germany--and an Anthrax Tour--and he immediately went to the Rio Hotel to sign up for the WSOP.  Ian made it through Day One on Monday, then he played Day Two on Wednesday.  After making it through Wednesday’s Day Two Ian slept for a whole 90 minutes and then hopped on a 6:00 am flight to Tulsa, Oklahoma for a show Thursday night with “Anthrax.”  After the show, Ian slept another 90 minutes and hopped on another 6:00 am flight, this time back to Vegas on Friday morning for Day Three.  Luckily for Ian, there were no flight delays on the way back to Vegas—he went through Denver--but there was a lot of stress.  A flight delay could have cost Ian 50% of his chips, or more!
Ian then somehow made it through Day Three on Friday, and when he hit his room on Friday night he completely passed out!  Day Four began at noon on Saturday, and Ian managed to make it right down to the money “bubble” (the final 650 or so in a field for 6,900 players), before the action became interminably slow.  You see, when they were three players away from the money, they began dealing “Hand-for-hand,” which means that every table had to finish their hand, and then they dealt a new hand.  With 75 tables, they were playing about eight hands per hour, whereas before the “hand-for-hand” they were dealing about 30 hands per hour.  This is where Ian literally starting sleeping between hands!  Did I mention that Ian has never done drugs before?  In any case, somehow Ian pushed through and made the money, before busting out late on Day Four.
I ran into Ian again in Aruba in early October, at the UltimateBet.com “Aruba Poker Classic” and this is his “Hand of the Week.”  On Day One Ian was playing textbook super tight poker and cruising along, when he overheard the chip leader at the table, who had gone from $90,000 down to $75,000 say, “OK, I’m shutting it down.  I’m on a bit of a losing streak and I don’t want to lose any more chips!”  Ian was a little short, but had a great “Tight image” and he decided on the spot that he would try to bluff the chip leader.  Most of us wouldn’t think of trying to bluff the chip leader, but after those comments, bluffing the chip leader seemed like a logical move.
Fifteen minutes later Ian was in the big blind when the chip leader raised it up under the gun to $950 to go with 10-10 and everyone else folded; then Ian made it $3,100 to go with A-8.  The chip leader called, the flop was Qc-Qh-6d, and both players checked.  The turn card was a jack, Ian bet $5,100, and the chip leader snap called.  Once he snap called, Ian knew that he was beat, but he thought that he could bluff the river.  The river was an eight.  Now Ian “Shoved” (went all in) for roughly $12,000, and the chip leader tanked for three minutes, and eventually the chip leader called the clock on himself!  Then the chip leader asked the floor person if he could show his hand face up to Ian in order to try to read Ian (you can show your hand, but then you will get a 20 minute penalty).  Ian says, “At this point I didn’t say a word, or make a motion; I was Mount Rushmore!”  The chip leader folded, and showed his 10-10, and Ian flashed an eight as he mucked his cards.  Most of us would have checked down after the eight hit figuring that we may well have the best hand, but Ian played this hand masterfully!
72#
luckypanda 发表于 2009-10-22 07:02:19 | 只看该作者

Phil Hellmuth专栏

这个故事写得挺好玩的。Mardiego真是没说的,都义务翻译两次了,谢谢!
73#
yangky 发表于 2009-10-22 08:12:00 | 只看该作者

Phil Hellmuth专栏

wow
fight on!phil!
74#
bigslick112 发表于 2009-10-24 04:24:20 | 只看该作者

Phil Hellmuth专栏

welcome
75#
shfe 发表于 2009-10-25 17:06:23 | 只看该作者

Phil Hellmuth专栏

景仰。学习!
76#
edwu20 发表于 2009-10-26 09:17:02 | 只看该作者

Phil Hellmuth专栏

hi phil.welcome to Z. [s:167]
77#
wwei25 发表于 2009-10-26 09:19:28 | 只看该作者

Phil Hellmuth专栏

HI PHIL .how time you won wosp. [s:167]
78#
Eelement 发表于 2009-10-26 17:13:26 | 只看该作者

Phil Hellmuth专栏

welcome
79#
Phil Hellmuth 发表于 2009-10-27 02:26:26 | 只看该作者

Phil Hellmuth专栏

Venture Capitalist Bad Beat!

Joe Lakob is a friend of mine from the San Francisco bay area.  Lakob is one of the most powerful VC’s (Venture Capitalist) in the world, and he is one of the minority owners of the Boston Celtics.  Lakob’s VC firm is like U2, they have hit-after-hit-after-hit (“Google” for one) for decades!  Lakob is an understated guy, which isn’t always the case with the world’s most successful VC’s.  Recently Lakob and his lovely girlfriend Nicole decided to enter the “Festa al Lago” poker tournament at the Bellagio; which is a $15,000 buy in WPT (World Poker Tour) event.  Naturally Lakob and Nicole called me to ask me for some advice.  I sat them both down and gave them a strategy that was designed to keep them in the tournament as long as possible, and give them a chance to actually win it.
I told them to play the “Classic Phil” strategy which entails playing super tight before the flop (throwing away hands like 8c-7c, 10d-9d, and Ah-4h for a raise); never calling a bet or a raise pre-flop unless they had a pocket pair; and coming over-the-top once in hour with a weak holding when they sensed weakness in their opponents.  I also coached them to slow play any sets that they flopped.  Lakob took all of my advice to heart, and although it was sometimes boring for him, and sometimes frustrating for him to play this style of poker, he made it through Day Two and on top of that, his timing was near perfect on the moves that he did attempt.  Lakob stuck to my advice and made about one move per hour, coming over the top with nothing, and every time he did this, his opponent folded.  Thus, going into Day Three I recommended that whenever Lakob sensed weakness, he should come over the top.  I mean, when your batting 100% coming over the top, then obviously you’re reading weakness in others well.  And if you’re reading weakness in others well, then it is time to take the over the top moves to the next level.  FYI – I went out on Day Two after I lost two coin flips, my A-K to their Q-Q for a $90,000 pot; and my A-K to their J-J for a $40,000 pot.
Going into Day Three Lakob had $90,000 in chips, and there were 98 players remaining out of 280 starters.  Three hours into Day three, with about 80 players left, and the blinds at $1,500-$3,000 and a $300 a player ante, everyone folded to the small blind where Lakob was sitting with the Ah-8h, and $51,000 in chips.  Lakob opened for $9,000, and the player in the big blind called.  The flop was Ad-10h-2h, and Lakob opted to move all in for $42,000.  What a great flop for Lakob; a pair of aces and the nut flush draw!  After a full minute his opponent called for most of his chips, and Lakob was a little shocked to see that his opponent held Q-J.  I mean, how could someone call $42,000 with a belly buster?  Lakob was already counting the chips, when the river was the off suit king, snap!
I like Lakob’s pre-flop raise of $6,000 with Ah-8h out of the small blind, which is standard.  I like his opponent’s $6,000 call from the big blind with Q-J.  I do not like Lakob’s $42,000 all in into a $20,000 pot.  I mean, Lakob’s hand was too powerful to play that fast!  Why not make a smaller bet, or even check to induce a bluff?  It is not a bad spot to give a “Free card” to your opponent, hoping that he moves you all in, or that he at least makes a bluff at the pot.  Alternatively, it is a good spot to make a milking type of bet of $5,000 - $9,000.  I hate the $42,000 call with Q-J!  Why call off most of your chips with a belly buster?  Why not wait for a better spot?  All in all, Lakob played great poker, well done Joe!
80#
建设2008 发表于 2009-10-27 12:01:10 | 只看该作者

Phil Hellmuth专栏

汗,俺的英文实在太差,那位好心人翻译一下,多谢......
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|Archiver|智游城论坛

GMT+8, 2024-9-27 07:30 , Processed in 0.050921 second(s), 9 queries , Redis On.