183#
llyyzz 发表于 2010-1-3 12:58:56 | 只看该作者

Phil Hellmuth专栏

如果到1月4号还没人翻译的话,我来翻译最新的这一篇吧。俺3号有个deadline要赶…… [s:152]
184#
Phil Hellmuth 发表于 2010-1-5 02:44:15 | 只看该作者

Phil Hellmuth专栏

Holiday Poker Game in Madison

My traditional “Holiday Poker Game” is held back in Madison, Wisconsin and this year it was a $1,000 buy in $5-$5 blind Pot Limit Hold’em game.  It is always one of the highlights of my holiday trip back to Wisconsin!  We play with a great group of guys, and it is a great deal of fun to play super deep stack poker.  This year we started at around 4:00 pm, and by 2:00 am we had over $50,000 on the table.  How often do you have chance to play no limit Hold’em with 2,000 big blinds in your stack?  With the stacks so deep, a person can play 40% of the hands and still make money.  Playing that many hands and still winning requires guts, heart, the ability to make big bluffs and small bluffs, and slow plays and fast plays, but the right mix can yield a large profit.  Of course, the wrong mix can yield a large loss!

At around 2:00 am the following hand came up between <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.UB.com">www.UB.com</a><!-- w --> pro player “Poker Ho” and I.  With the live $10 blind on, Poker Ho and Jon Green limped into the pot, and I called with the Js-6s on the button.  The flop came down J-5-2 rainbow, Ho bet out $50, Green called $50, and I decided to “Pot it” (bet the size of the pot).  The players in the blind folded for my $260 bet, and then Ho quickly threw $520—a $310 reraise--into the pot.  Green folded, and after a moment I called the $310 raise.  The turn card was an eight, Ho announced, “I bet the pot,” and I quickly folded.  Ho told me later that he had flopped a set of fives.

What happened in this hand?  I love Ho’s $50 bet into a $60 pot with three fives.  The other option is that he could slow play his super powerful hand and bet $20, or even check on the flop, but then he would most likely give up the chance to win a huge pot.  A check here on the flop is the worst possible tactic as it denies one of the three players in the blinds the chance to check-raise the pot on the flop, and thus could cost Ho a lot of action.  I mean, if one of the blinds was attempting a check raise with say, J-2, J-5, 5-2, K-J, or something similar and it was then checked around, the player in the blind might fear that his hand was no longer any good on the turn, and may well put less money into the pot on the turn.  Also, a six, a four, a three, or an ace could queer Ho’s action as he would now have to fear that his opponent had a straight.  The other reasonable option is a smaller sized bet on the flop.  On the positive side of the ledger a small bet, say $20, would still give an opponent in the blinds the chance to check-raise, and it might lure in someone with a pair of deuces, or ace high, or a weaker holding.  On the negative side of the ledger a small bet would attract a call from someone with an inside straight draw (6-4, 6-3, A-4, or A-3), and then get a huge pay off from you if they completed their straight.  To sum up I like the $50 bet a little more than the $20 bet, and a check is a bad play.

As to my $260 bet on the flop, I think was a good one.  I made the pot sized raise thinking that I probably had the best hand, but also to find out where I stood in the hand.  I really love Ho’s $310 reraise, especially as he executed it at lightning speed.  He acted so quickly that I became a bit confused.  I hate my $310 call!  I mean I raised it up on the flop to see where I stood—Ho’s reraise told me that I was beat--and then I called anyway!  I do not like Ho’s pot sized bet on the turn.  Why let me out of the hand when he was so powerful?  I know why he made the pot sized bet though.  He was making sure that I didn’t call with 4-3 and bust him.  I would have folded 4-3, but now he gave me the chance to easily get away from one pair, and also possibly to get away from two pair (had I had it).
185#
llyyzz 发表于 2010-1-5 14:06:39 | 只看该作者

Phil Hellmuth专栏

OK, it is the morning of Tuesday December 29, and I want to focus this BLOG on the last decade. Although 2009 was my worst year ever in poker (more below), I have reason to celebrate a great decade in poker and life. I want to thank the powers that be for ALL of the following blessings: I have perfect health and an amazing wife (for twenty years now!), my family is healthy, I picked up five WSOP bracelets, I won an NBC Heads Up Championship, I had tons of cashes and final tables at the WSOP, I helped launch <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.Ultimatebet.com">www.Ultimatebet.com</a><!-- w -->, I emceed poker tournaments that raised almost $10 million for charity, we donated hundreds of thousands of dollars of our own money to charity, my wife and I raised two fine boys almost into adulthood, I launched a clothing line (Poker Brat Clothing Company) and a publishing company (Phil’s House Publishing), we launched a cell phone game (PHTH Phil Hellmuth’s Texas Hold’em) that has 1.3 million users in the USA alone, we just launched another cell phone game on IPHONE and other smart phones in over 180 cell phone systems across the world, I bought a piece of 15 different companies including the amazing online device reputation security company “Iovation” and the industry leading “Card Player Magazine,” “Milwaukee’s Best” beer here put a picture of me and one of my lines on 12 million beer cans, I am the star of the WSOP video game across all systems (from XBOX to Nintendo), I sold nearly $1 million dollars worth of my four-and-a-half hour long poker course online at philssecrets.com, I sold tons of my “Phil Hellmuth’s Million Dollar Secrets” videos, I sold 50,000 copies of my second book “Bad Beats and Lucky Draws,” Phil’s House Publishing put out its first book “Deal Me In” (a few months ago and sold 15,000 copies already), I put my poker column into over 50 newspapers, I wrote a series of columns for “USA Today” (7 million readers) and “USA Today Online” (7 million readers), in some ways I helped grow the sport of poker, we put together a great team of people to run my life and companies from a COO and a personal assistant to a full time maid and a bill payer, and I wrote a New York Times Best Selling book “Play Poker like the Pros.” What a decade!

我牛逼的扑克10年!为上一个月,下一个月……骄傲

好,现在是12月29号星期二早上,我以此博客来记下我这牛逼的扑克十年。虽然2009年是我玩扑克有史以来最糟糕的一年(见下文),我仍然有理由庆祝这是我生活和扑克的牛逼10年。我想真诚地感谢下面我所有拥有的幸运:我有一个健康的身体和一个了不起的妻子(结婚20周年了!)。我的家庭是和睦的。我取得了5个WSOP手镯。我赢得了一个NBC Heads Up冠军。我赢得了无数的奖金和WSOP的Final Table参赛权。我帮助建立了www.Ultimatebet.com网站。我主办的扑克锦标赛筹集了将近100万美元的善款。我自己捐献了数万(hundreds of thousands)美元给慈善机构。我的妻子和我一起将两个孩子养育成人。我投资了一个服装生产线(扑克布莱德服装公司)和一家出版公司(Phil’s House Publishing)。我们推出了一个手机扑克游戏(PHTH Phil Hellmuth’s Texas Hold’em),这个游戏在美国就有1千2百万玩家。我们刚刚又在Iphone和超过180个智能手机系统上推出了另一个手机游戏。我入股了15个不同的公司,包括著名的在线设备安全公司“Iovation"和业界领先的”Card Player“杂志。”Milwaukee' Best"啤酒把我的照片和我的服装产品印制到他们一千二百万个啤酒罐上。我是跨平台WSOP视频游戏中的明星角色。我的网站philssecrets.com售出了将近1百万美元的在线扑克教程(4个半小时长)。我卖出了无数“Phil Hellmuth百万美元的秘密”视频教程。我的第二本书“Bad Beats and Lucky Draws”卖出了50,000本。“Phil’s House Publishing”出版了它的第一本书“Deal Me In”(几个月来已经卖出了1,5000本)。我的扑克专栏在50家不同的报纸上刊登。我为“USA Today”和在线版“USA Today Online”写一个系列专栏(有700万读者 )。在某种程度上,我帮助了扑克运动的普及。我组建了一个优秀的团队来运营我的生活和公司,从全职保姆和账房(Bill payer)到公司COO和私人助理。我的书“Play Poker like the pros”是纽约时代周刊上的畅销书。真是牛逼的10年!

先发一段,这篇翻译Phil自吹自擂感觉怪怪的……改天接着翻译,这段时间忙死了…… [s:187]
186#
半路相遇 发表于 2010-1-5 20:25:02 | 只看该作者

Phil Hellmuth专栏

"无法想像的10年扑克"可以这么译吗

phil hellmuth又在吹他的公司,他的书他的啤酒,他对家庭多么好,还有UB,还有boy and girl club
187#
llyyzz 发表于 2010-1-6 00:53:01 | 只看该作者

Phil Hellmuth专栏

"无法想像的10年扑克"可以这么译吗

这么翻译没有问题。只是,我在翻译的时候想着Phil牛逼哄哄的臭脾气和那张大嘴,实在想不出为什么要用“伟大的10年”或是“了不起的10年”这类的字眼。想想Phil写这个时候,心里肯定在想:哈,你看我多牛逼! [s:146]
188#
purecoca 发表于 2010-1-8 16:54:29 | 只看该作者

Phil Hellmuth专栏

是够牛逼的!!
189#
llyyzz 发表于 2010-1-10 00:50:40 | 只看该作者

Phil Hellmuth专栏

I am proud of my friends as well. Congrats to Howard Lederer on creating an awesome decade for himself, Bub showed amazing versatility on and off the poker tables from winning WSOP bracelets and WPT Titles to exhibiting other worldly business acumen. Doyle Brunson wrote two more books, beat the biggest cash games in the world, and continued to be the king of the poker world for yet another decade. Chris Ferguson started the decade with a WSOP main event title, and ended it with a bunch of bracelets, all the while well creating his own “Jesus” nickname, brand, and incredible business success. Phil Ivey is nothing short of amazing! Ivey won six WSOP bracelets this decade, a WPT event, and deca-millions playing online poker: not too mention the deca-millions he won playing poker in the biggest side games in the world! Ivey also invested money in “Phil’s House Publishing.” I am proud of Daniel Negreanu--although he is my biggest critic!—for his nice decade; he won a couple of WPT events and a couple WSOP events and made tons of final tables. Plus Daniel became a huge star both in and out of the poker world. My boy Layne Flack picked up some WSOP bracelets. Annie Duke won a bracelet, kicked ass in business, and should have won “Celebrity Apprentice” last year. Jennifer Harmon beat one guy for $9 million playing limit Hold’em in one day, picked up a couple of WSOP bracelets, and had a couple of cute kids. Johnny Chan (10 WSOP bracelets) and Erik Seidel (8 WSOP bracelets) kept on kicking serious ass in the poker side games and the poker tournaments all decade long. Sly (Seidel) picked up four bracelets this decade. Gus Hansen won a record four WPT events, way to go Gussy! Then there is Mike Matusow. Mikey kicked ass in tournaments all decade long! Erick “Edog” Lindgren won tons of tournaments, and WSOP Player of the year in 2008, and became one of the sharpest sports bettors on the planet. Poker superstars and Uber talents Chau Giang, David Oppenheim, Tom Dwan, Barry Greenstein, John Hennigan, John Juanda, Phil Galfond, Ilary Sahamanies, Eli Elezra, Sammy Farha, and Patrick Antonious won tons of money in the high stakes side games, both online and offline!
我同样为我的朋友们感到骄傲。祝贺霍华德莱德勒(Howard Lederer),他同样为自己创造了辉煌的十年:他不仅在扑克桌上叱诧风云赢得从WSOP手镯到WPT冠军,在商界他同样显示出世界级的精明。刀友不让孙(Doyle Brunson)又出了两本新书,赢得了世界上最大的现金桌,并在下一个10年里继续他的扑克王者之路。克里斯弗格森(Chris Ferguson)以一个WSOP主赛事冠军开始了属于他的10年,然后他继续赢得了更多的手镯,属于他的昵称“耶稣”,个人品牌和难以置信商业上的成功。菲尔艾维(Phil Ivey)从来不缺乏惊喜!艾维在10年内赢得了6个WSOP手镯,1个WPT赛事和在线扑克几百万的现金,更别提他在迄今为止最大的对赌局(Side Game。译者按,不太清楚这个词组该怎么翻译,望达人教之)中高达几百万的现金(译者按,指他在2009年跟人对赌自己能进入WSOP主赛事到最终桌,最后他赌赢了600万,链接:http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/7904-phil-ivey-may-make-up-to-6-million-in-wsop-side-bets)。值得一提的是艾维也入股了“Phil’s House Publishing”出版社。我为丹尼尔内格雷亚努(Daniel Negreanu)——虽然他是我最大的批评者——这10年的成就骄傲。他赢得了一系列WPT赛事和一些WOSP赛事,并无数次的进入最终桌。与此同时,丹尼尔成为了家喻户晓的明星,无论是扑克世界内还是大众生活。我的好友莱恩弗莱克(Layne Flack)也赢取了几个WSOP手镯。安尼杜克(Annie Duke)赢得了一个手镯,在生意场上春风得意,并差点就赢得了去年“名人学徒赛”的冠军。珍妮哈蒙(Jenniffer Harmon)在有限扑克游戏里一天内赢了一个男人900万,赢得了一堆WSOP手镯并有了几个可爱的孩子。陈强尼(Johnny Chan)(10个WSOP手镯得主)和埃里克赛德尔(Erik Seidel) 在这10年里继续保持在对赌局和各种扑克锦标赛中所向披靡。塞德尔(Seidel)赢得了4个手镯。戈斯汉森(Gus Hansen)创纪录地赢得了4项WPT冠军,毫无疑问是Gus式的疯狂(way to go Gussy)!然后是我们的迈克•马图索(Mike Matusow),这10年他在各种各样的锦标赛里称王称霸!埃里克“Edog”林格伦(Erick “Edog” Lindgren)赢取了无数比赛的冠军,更是2008年WSOP的年度选手,毫无疑问他已经成为这个星球上最棒的赌徒(编者按,扑士?!)之一。下列扑克超级明星和天才们Chau Giang, David Oppenheim, Tom Dwan, Barry Greenstein, John Hennigan, John Juanda, Phil Galfond, Ilary Sahamanies, Eli Elezra, Sammy Farha, and Patrick Antonious在各种线上和线下的高额对赌局中取胜。
190#
StuUnger 发表于 2010-1-11 22:01:17 | 只看该作者

Phil Hellmuth专栏

thanks
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|Archiver|智游城论坛

GMT+8, 2024-9-27 15:29 , Processed in 0.046867 second(s), 7 queries , Redis On.