To 墙 和 论poker

[复制链接]
11#
 楼主| windstormm 发表于 2010-5-14 05:34:54 | 只看该作者
回复 10# fcf

fcf 把我当白痴阿...  我还没有傻到和你对赌把..
12#
 楼主| windstormm 发表于 2010-5-14 06:49:20 | 只看该作者
对于一个不错的玩家来说, 大概没有什么投资比打牌的回报高了, 如果没有特别限制, 有人愿意跟我打赌, 给我1k, 看看我一个月到不到的了10k, 1-1 的赌注, 我愿跟他每个月赌10w刀
不知有什么其它的东西可以这么高保证30天1k刀资金有1000%的回报 (贩毒走私不算)

not to pick on fcf but we can't look at this problem this simply.  for 1k investment, yes playing poker for you is probably the highest return. but what if you have 10mil?  how are you going to invest this completely?  if you do you are risking go broke.  additionally to be able to invest those you are facing much tougher opponents and you might not even win at all.  The problem with poker is that you can only invest limit amount of $$ at certain time period to yield highest return. . To find this amount will be decided by skill level.  If you have 10 mil. you might be better off just put them in the bank for a much better risk free investment even though it might yield very little.
13#
fcf 发表于 2010-5-14 07:35:05 | 只看该作者
not to pick on fcf but we can't look at this problem this simply.  for 1k investment, yes playing  ...
windstormm 发表于 2010-5-14 06:49

yes, it's only for small investment will it work, i can't turn 10k into 100k in a month for example.  I just meant to say it's easy to move up stakes if you have enough skill, ie. a good player can turn even $50 into a decent sized bankroll pretty quick actually, so saying because average income in china is low prevents people from getting to higher level is not true.
14#
 楼主| windstormm 发表于 2010-5-14 08:55:02 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 windstormm 于 2010-5-14 09:14 编辑

I agree with you. but we also need to consider the cost of learning poker.  you can read all the books you want, you can't really learn until you start play real $$.

but overall poker is not a very difficult game to learn if you are a thinking player.  It take me 1 month from starting Holdem completely new to become a winning player, mainly focus on sngs.  then when I start to play serious in cash, it probably take another month.  Actually a lot of poker fundamentals are very obvious after you play for a while. i played cash game for 4 month. After I become a consistent winner and read the book by ed miller, believe or not I have figured out most (80%) of things in the book myself already.   knowing the poker fundamental is enough to make you winner, but it won't make you exceptionally good.  I quote something from ed miller's book which really gave me  a new perspective.:

"But poker is a strange bird. If, somehow, you were blessed tomorrow with
the
knowledge of the perfect strategy (and stripped of all other poker knowledge
),
then you’d do quite well. Playing your perfect strategy, you’d be
guaranteed
not to be a long-term loser, and, in today’s games with plenty of bad
players,
you’d likely win a mint.
But you wouldn’t be the best player. At least you wouldn’t be if you
defined
“best player” as the one with the highest average win rate in three- or
morehanded
games. You’d be a big winner, in the top few percent of all players, but
a number of other players would win even more.
How can that be? How can someone play better than perfect? The trick is
that we’ve defined the “perfect” strategy to be unbeatable. It’s
designed so no
one can get the best of you. It is, fundamentally, a defensive strategy"

playing a perfect game is not going to make you the best player. How interesting! BUT it is a necessary step to master the perfect game for you to go above and beyond.  poker is about trading mistakes.  How to learn to trade small mistakes vs other players big mistake is where winning player turns to an exceptional player.  不过如果象墙说的不用fundamental poker theory那就本末倒置了..
15#
cyylce 发表于 2010-5-14 09:08:34 | 只看该作者
我说的理论不是数学理论。 是poker  理论。。 ed miller  说你有KQ and hit K on the flop.  the other pla ...
windstormm 发表于 2010-5-14 03:44

不要老写英文,这是中文智力游戏论坛,照顾下英文不太好的同学,谢谢~~!
16#
 楼主| windstormm 发表于 2010-5-14 09:11:19 | 只看该作者
回复 15# cyylce
我打英文实在太慢.. 抱歉...  照顾墙我已经打很多中文了...
17#
coolwings 发表于 2010-5-14 11:13:28 | 只看该作者
回复 1# windstormm

恩,同意楼主大部分观点~~
   水平高低和看了多少书是没关系的,是跟你打的盲注大小有关系。
  你打1/2 live, 不论你看了多少书,单位时间赢率有多高,你的水平就是 live 1/2
   因为你的level of thinking, 心理承受能力, 牌桌上了表演能力,是和你打的盲注联系在一起的
18#
luckypanda 发表于 2010-5-14 14:20:00 | 只看该作者
回复  cyylce
我打英文实在太慢.. 抱歉...  照顾墙我已经打很多中文了...
windstormm 发表于 2010-5-13 20:11

墙的英文很好,他以前还翻译过不少英文扑克文章呢。[s:167] [s:167] [s:167]

其实论坛就是阐述不同观点的地方,争一争没关系,不伤和气就行。
19#
cyylce 发表于 2010-5-14 18:01:10 | 只看该作者
墙的英文很好,他以前还翻译过不少英文扑克文章呢。  

其实论坛就是阐述不同观点 ...
luckypanda 发表于 2010-5-14 14:20

猫猫把帖子翻译下,我一个个单词看,很吃力
20#
luckypanda 发表于 2010-5-14 19:45:55 | 只看该作者
猫猫把帖子翻译下,我一个个单词看,很吃力
cyylce 发表于 2010-5-14 05:01

我翻译也很吃力啊,你自己慢慢看,不懂的查字典,还学英文了,多好。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|Archiver|智游城论坛

GMT+8, 2024-9-29 11:27 , Processed in 0.052330 second(s), 8 queries , Redis On.